It’s my birthday today, I’m now 27, which is old. It also means I can finally get around to this “five things” meme, because I’ve been tagged by Brian and Jim (I’d love to see a networked graph of this, and to discover how many degrees of separation I am from Sam Ruby).
- I have an A level in Latin, and it’s my favourite foreign language
- In addition to the A level, when at school I won the regional Latin speaking
- In real life I am sociable (read: loud and annoying), but I hate using the phone to call someone I don’t know. In fact, I hate using it to call anyone I don’t speak to regularly.
- I lived and studied in Merseberg in Germany for a year which is like a foreigner taking a year out to study in England and picking Bognor Regis
- I hate baked beans so much that I won’t let my wife buy the Hovis bread that has baked beans on the wrapper
I’ve also made a small blogging resolution along the lines of: no drafts. I’ve been running this blog for five years or so (always on Blogger, btw, which has served me faithfully) and I almost never go back and finish and post an entry which I’ve previously left half-way through and marked as a draft. No more. If I’m tempted to save it for later, I’ll just post it with an appropriate incompleteness warning. Part of this means going back over the last six months and posting all the drafts I have – there shouldn’t be many, but there is some content I’d like to get out.