Exporting the list of podcasts
- load the podcasting application, mark all items and hit “send -> bluetooth”. Contrary to what you might expect, this will send an OPML file listing your subscriptions to your PC
Edit the list ready for import
- Open your new Podcasting.opml file in a text editor
- Find/replace all instances of
- Immediately after the opening
<outline title="podcasts" text="podcasts">
- Just before the closing
- (I also duplicated all the text=”blah” attributes with title=”blah” but I don’t know if this is actually necessary)
Import the list of podcasts
- load Google Reader
- Click “Settings” in the top right
- Go to the Import/Export tab
- Find your Podcasting.opml file and upload!
You should now find that you have a new folder called “podcasts” in your google reader containing all the podcasts from your Nokia device.
Even nicer – if you make the folder public (Settings -> Folders and Tags) you can import the OPML from Google Reader directly into other applications by giving the URL
http://www.google.com/reader/public/subscriptions/user/USERID/label/podcasts where USERID is the long number in the URL of the “view public page” link next to your public podcasts folder in Settings -> Folders and Tags.