A bit late this one, because I was too busy eating chocolate, but the 18th-24th December was a lot like this:
- Both kids had symptoms (although different ones) and so needed taking for Covid-19 tests on different days, which meant we had to isolate all week but they both came back negative, hurray!
- On Christmas Eve I wrenched my back horrifically. I’m sure this will heal quickly and next week will be fine.
- My son has been playing a lot of Minecraft this week in his bedroom, where the wifi signal is terrible. I expect more remote teaching to be happening in the new year and so I have bought a TP-Link Wifi Powerline adaptor (the TL-WPA4220KIT) in order to improve his connectivity. I am really really impressed at how easy it was to set up, and when I connect to it via ethernet I get about 80% of the speed of plugging directly into the router! That is pretty good for internet running over my existing oldschool power wiring!
- After a billion months of everything being zoom-this and remote-that, I finally took part in my first zoom quiz. Very weird. We won.
- My daughter has not yet, as I previously worried, popped before Christmas arrived.
- Merry Christmas!